- May 2009: New Novi, MI plant replaces Livonia, MI in scope of registration for ISO 14001
- 2001: Purchased 27 acres of heavily-wooded land which will not be developed but rather donated to the Village of Pleasant Prairie, with deed restrictions, limiting the land use to conservancy for perpetuity.
Lakewood, NJ & Livonia, MI facilities Environmental Management System achieved ISO 14001
Registration for its conformance to the ISO14001 International Standard.
ISO 14001 CERTIFICATION CERTIFICATE (PDF 402KB)
We maintain an Environmental Management System that demonstrates its commitment to prevention of pollution thus promoting a clean earth and atmosphere and healthy environment. Our parent company, Nitto Denko, has created a corporate environmental vision, committing its domestic and overseas companies to strive to protect the environment and conserve natural resources by acting both locally and globally.
Environmental objectives and targets are developed, that are economically and technically feasible, based on the impacts of the environmental aspects resulting from operations. The objectives and targets ensure continual improvement consistent with commitment to the environment. New operations and activities are reviewed for their impact on the environment and objectives and targets are updated accordingly.
The technical development process includes a review of alternative resources to minimize the impact on the environment. Manufacturing operations are conducted with consideration of reductions in the use of energy and creation of waste through improvements in production efficiency, quality programs and process equipment design, recycling and reuse of resources where possible, and general good housekeeping and maintenance activities. Impact to air, water and land are monitored to assure maintenance of maximum control and minimal impact to the environment. Continual improvement and prevention of pollution is ongoing. Parent Nitto Denko, is committed to reducing impact on the environment through waste reduction, reducing use of hazardous materials in products, improving energy efficiency and developing technologies that promote environmental protection.
We maintains full compliance with applicable legal and other requirements to which the organization subscribes which relates to its environmental aspects We are in continual pursuit of achieving criteria that go beyond compliance. Employees are made fully aware of the Environmental Management System, the impact of their job functions on the environment and details of the Environmental Policy, so that they understand and apply our commitment to the environment. Additionally, all employees receive environmental training applicable to their positions. In order to appropriately evaluate the effectiveness of the Environmental Management System, we conduct management review meetings, periodic internal audits and employs third party auditors for review and assessment.
• Commitment to prevention of pollution, to a clean earth and atmosphere, and to a healthy environment.
• Continual improvement through meeting objectives and targets.
• Consideration of resources that minimize the impact on the environment.
• Conduct operations with limitations in the use of energy and creation of waste.
• Control of air and wastewater discharges to assure minimal impact on the environment.
• Compliance will be fully met, with the goal of exceeding requirements wherever possible.
• Communication of the Environmental Management System to all employees through training.